I love reading quotes. If things are going a bit pear-shaped, reading what other people think about how to fix a certain problem always helps me get back on the right path. Here are some of the best life lessons quotes.
1. Courage is the most important of all the virtues because without courage, you can’t practice any other virtue consistently.Maya Angelou
2. Attitude is a choice. Happiness is a choice. Optimism is a choice. Kindness is a choice. Giving is a choice. Respect is a choice. Whatever choice you make makes you. Choose wisely.Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
3. Be a lamp, or a lifeboat, or a ladder. Help someone’s soul heal. Walk out of your house like a shepherd.”Rumi
4. Forgive but do not forget, or you will be hurt again. Forgiving changes the perspectives. Forgetting loses the lesson.Paulo Coelho
5. Most things break, including hearts. The lessons of life amount not to wisdom, but to scar tissue and callus.Wallace Stegner, The Spectator Bird
Don’t Be Intimidated
6. Don’t be intimidated by other people’s opinions. Only mediocrity is sure of itself, so take risks and do what you really want to do.Paulo Coelho, Aleph
7. Though nobody can go back and make a new beginning… Anyone can start over and make a new ending.Chico Xavier
8. If there’s a single lesson that life teaches us, it’s that wishing doesn’t make it so.Lev Grossman, The Magicians
9. We are addicted to our thoughts. We cannot change anything if we cannot change our thinking.Santosh Kalwar, Quote Me Everyday
10. People tend to complicate their own lives as if living weren’t already complicated enough.Carlos Ruiz Zafón, The Shadow of the Wind
11. Happiness is not the absence of problems, it’s the ability to deal with them.Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free
Instructions for Life
12. Instructions for living a life. Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it.Mary Oliver
13. It is better to live your own destiny imperfectly than to live an imitation of somebody else’s life with perfection.Anonymous, The Bhagavad Gita
14. You’ve got to get obsessed and stay obsessed.John Irving, The Hotel New Hampshire
15. Friends are the family you choose.Jess C Scott, The Other Side of Life
16. I have learned all kinds of things from my many mistakes. The one thing I never learn is to stop making them.Joe Abercrombie, Last Argument of Kings
17. You don’t have to disrespect and insult others simply to hold your own ground. If you do, that shows how shaky your own position is.Red Haircrow
Don’t Live a Life of Lies
18. How hurtful it can be to deny one’s true self and live a life of lies just to appease others.June Ahern
19. I always prefer to believe the best of everybody; it saves so much trouble.Rudyard Kipling
20. I used to think the worst thing in life is to end up all alone. It’s not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone.Robin Williams
21. That’s the thing about lessons, you always learn them when you don’t expect them or want them.Cecelia Ahern, If You Could See Me Now
Give What You Want
22. Give out what you most want to come back.Robin S. Sharma, The Greatness Guide: Powerful Secrets for Getting to World Class
23. Curiosity is the lust of the mind.Thomas Hobbes
24. Your time is way too valuable to be wasting on people that can’t accept who you are.Turcois Ominek
25. I’ve learned… . That being kind is more important than being right.H. Jackson Brown Jr.
I hope you enjoyed these best life lessons quotes. I found them all on Good Reads. You can find more here.
If you enjoyed the above, leave a comment. And if you think I’ve left anything out, please feel free to add that below too. Thanks and speak again soon.